Snow holiday Car Hire
Find Your Hire Car from over 33 local and International brands in over 450 locations in Australia
How to book your car rental for a trip to the snow.
There are 7 ski resorts in Australia.Four in Victoria and three resorts in NSW. When booking your rental car its important to make sure the rental agreement approves your travel to the resorts.If you dont declare where your going it could make the insurance on the car null and void and if you have a accident and you will have to pay full cost of the accident.Driving in the snow can be quite dangerous during certain conditions like snow falling or early morning when the roads are icy ,what is commonly called black ice..Some car hire companies will allow it where others wont.Usually there will be extra charges.
In most rental agreements you are not allowed to travel passed what they call a snow line,the snow line is where the snow begins to fall.
Car hire locations close to ski resorts
Car hire for Perisher ,Thredbo and Jindabyne.
- Hertz Cooma car hire Address: 1611 Kosciuszko Rd, Cooma NSW 2630 and 41 Sharp St, Cooma NSW 2630
- Alpen Auto rentals Berridale:50 Jindabyne Rd.
Berridale NSW 2628
The closest car hire to Falls Creek are:
- Abury where there are Hertz,Budget and Thrifty.
- Alpine car rentals Bright
- Avis Bright
- Wangaratta Hertz
- Bairnsdale Hertz
The closest car hire to Mt Hotham are:
- Avis Bright
- Albury :Budget ,Thrifty and Hertz.
- Wangarrata Hertz
- Deluxe Rent A Car:Benella
Frequently Asked Questions
- To book your car, you will need a credit or debit card for the main driver.A security deposit for the car in case of accident(often $1000). (Some companies don’t accept debit card)
- Your voucher to show that you’ve paid for the car.
- Each driver’s full, valid driving licence, which they’ve held for at least 12 months (often 24),P platers are general a extra charge or not accepted.
- A passport for international visitors and any other ID the car hire company needs to see.
- Its important that you read the condition and terms of your rental so as to fulfill the requirements.
For most car hire companies, the age requirement is between 21 and 70 years old. If you’re under 25 or over 70, you might have to pay an additional fee.
Generally speaking all fees are included in the rental.But you may of over looked some things then additional charges will apply.Driving off road, or above the snowline may incur extra charges.Fees are shown before you complete your booking.
Simply search the day or days you want to rent a car,from your search you will see the choice of cars available and from which supplier. You’ll be able to compare the price for types of cars that suite your needs.You can compare ratings,location nearest to you and most suitable cars for your trip.
You can change your booking online using the “Manage Booking”section. Simply login, using your reservation number and email ID and make the changes you want to.
To cancel booking you will need to give notice within 48 hours notice of the rental date.Simple login to “Manage my booking” ,and no fees will apply.Fees apply after that time,see rental agreement.
A standard rental agreement,include Theft Protection, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), local taxes, airport surcharges and any road fees.This will vary from company to company.
This is a personal choice,but statically speaking hire cars have a higher incident rate.The excess insurance will cover (CDW)collision damage waiver excess which is normally $5000,theft insurance excess which is normally $5000.Some policies may cover towing and other damage.See term and conditions of your rental agreement to make your choice.